Weight: 15 lbs, 4 oz - 97th percentile
Head Circumference: 16 in - 93rd percentile
As your measurements suggest, you are a big boy! You're very proportional. People say you don't look huge, but when they pick you up they are struck by how solid you are. You are a baby beefcake! You've grown out a lot of your 0-3 month clothes and are starting to wear mostly 3-6 month stuff. You're transitioning from size 1 to 2 diapers. Your two month checkup went great and the doctor confirmed my suspicious that you are perfect! :)
Here's what else you're up to these days:
- You're still smiling a lot and making lots of cute noises. Sometimes you just call out to whoever is listening, like "Hey, I'm here!" When you're really worked up and trying to tell us something, you wind your arm up and move it all around...kind of like Popeye! You've done this since very early and it's so cute! You definitely know who your people are, and smile easily with them. We're all just in love with you! You really love to interact and you're such a sweet and happy guy.
- You like to play on your gym playmat! You kick you arms and legs and stare up at the lights and colors and just coo. You like your bouncy seat and sometimes fall asleep in there. You haven't spent a ton of time in the swing, but you seem to like it pretty well. Right now you're sleeping beside our bed in the rock 'n play just like your sister did...that rock 'n play has gotten a lot of mileage over the last two years!
- You're nursing well and often. Sometimes you eat every hour or two. You don't eat for a super long time at these feedings...you're a snacker just like Claire was. You often fall asleep when you eat and take a lot of "boob naps" (haha). One of my favorite things is when I hold you upright and you fall asleep on my shoulder...you take the most epic naps in positions that seem pretty uncomfortable! I love those moments together.
- Right now you're sleeping a lot during the day, especially in the mornings. Consequently, you're awake a lot in the evenings and often go to sleep very late (sometimes 1 or 2 am). Once you do go down for the night you usually sleep until 6 or 7 (occasionally it's 4 or 5 am), when you eat and fall back asleep. We're going to start working on keeping you awake more during the day so you can go to sleep at a more reasonable hour, although I admit to having a pretty hard time waking a sleeping baby.
- Your gas issues are a bit better, but when you do have gas, it smells awful! Your doctor attributes it to "gut imaturity". When I told her I was worried you're reacting to something I'm eating, she said it's usually dairy. She's not concerned about it. I'm cutting dairy out of my diet for a bit to see if it makes a difference. If that does help, it's not a dairy allergy or even an intolerance...lots of babies react to dairy when they're young because their tummies aren't mature enough to process it until about six months old.
- The last month has been busy and we've experienced a lot of fun firsts with you. We had your first Christmas, first Santa visit, and first trip to Sugar Land to meet Daddy's whole family. You've also gotten to meet all four of your great grandparents! It's been a special month.
-You handled your first shots well. Now we're just praying we can get you through the next couple months of flu season without getting sick. We're enjoying our cozy winter, but also looking forward to springtime when we can be outside more and take you to church!
- You are a growly baby! I'm not kidding...it sounds like you are growling a lot of the time, kind of like you need to clear you throat. Your doctor checked to see if you had any nasal drip issue going on, but nope...you are just a loud baby!
- I can't tell if you're going to be a paci baby yet. Sometimes you take it and it soothes you, but other times you don't seem to want it all. When you do take a paci you spit it out a lot, but I remember Claire doing that too at this age.
- We really think your eyes will be brown! Your doctor think they probably will be too. You're such a handsome boy...I know I'm biased but there's no denying how adorable you are. You look a lot like your Daddy!
Jamesie, we love you so much! You bring so much joy and sweetness to our family. There is nothing like this sweet newborn stage and I treasure it so much, but also look forward to all the fun we're going to have in the future. You're my sweet boy, always! Love you to the moon and back.
Here's Daddy with both his babies at their two month check-ups. Claire on the top, James on the bottom.