Here are your stats:
Height: 35.5 inches-99th percentile
Weight: 33 lbs, 5 ounces-99th percentile
Head: 19.75 inches-98th percentile
You wear mostly 3T clothes, some 2T and a few other smaller things, but not much! You're a very big boy for your age. Sometimes I get a little sad because you don't fit in some of the more baby-like things other kids your age fit into. But then again, you're so darn cute in whatever you wear it doesn't matter. You wear size 6 diapers.
-You're a very picky eater. I'm not sure if this is regular ol' toddler pickyness, or just how you are. You often turn your head away when we offer you food at dinner, and usually eat very little in the evenings. Breakfast is not much better, lunch you eat somewhat more. A great deal of your food ends up on the floor, much to my frustration and Teddy's joy. There is an inverse correlation to your eating: if I spend lots of time preparing a homecooked meal, you turn your nose up at it. But if I offer you a microwaved hotdog, you devour it. You don't like vegetables. You're starting to eat tomato, which is small progress. On the other hand, you love most fruit, sweets, and snacks...you never turn those down!!! One thing is certain...you're a mess, a very loveable one though!
-You drink 2% milk and love it! You're still using bottles...you took to them after you stopped nursing. You don't use a pacifier, so I think it's a bit of a comfort thing, as you'll sometimes walk around with the bottle in your mouth even if you're not drinking. At a certain point soon we need to break the habit, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
- You remain a very passionate little person. You're usually either happy and sweet or upset and not afraid to show it. You don't like to be alone or with people you don't know. You still dislike the church nursery. But you love your family very much and give us lots of affection and snuggles. Lately your nickname for Claire is "baby doll." It's the cutest thing ever!!! Claire does not like it though! She doesn't understand why you think she's a baby...haha! You're the perfect little brother...you love your sissy, but you also love to mess with her and her toys! She will have an elaborate toy set-up going, and you will rush in, steal the most important thing, and run away like a football player headed to the endzone! Y'all fight over toys a lot, but you love each other and it makes me and Daddy so happy to see. One of the sweetest moments ever was when we picked you up after a weekend away at a family wedding for which Claire was a flower girl...on our way home Claire said, "We sure missed you buddy!"
- You have a head full of gorgeous hair that curls at the end. It's getting long in the back, but it's not in your eyes yet. I don't know how I'll ever bring myself to cut it! The color is a light brown with a red tint in the sun. It's very close to Claire's hair color now. Your eyes are brown and very soulful, just like your Daddy. They melt me! You have lots of teeth! You're working on your canines...after that, the only ones left will be your two year molars.
- You have such a sweet personality. You say your own version of thank you (pronounced "di doo") almost every time someone gives you something. Sometimes you even say it when you don't really need to! Recently you took a Claire away from toy. She got upset and I told you to give it back to her...when she got it back, you proudly told her "di doo." Such an adorable and polite young man! You are very loving and have the best snuggles ever.
- You're a good sleeper, for the most part. At bedtime you take a partial bottle while we rock you and read stories. Then it's lights out with some songs. We put you in your bed, turn on your music monkey, and you usually go to sleep on your own. Occasionally you cry, but you've come so far in going to sleep on your own. Once you're asleep, you almost always sleep through the night. You take a nice, long afternoon nap!
- You love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Paw Patrol, Minions (aka "BaBa"), Puffin Rock, etc. You like watching movies and actually have a pretty long attention span for your age. You love watching the Despicable Me/Minion movies, Tangled, and Frozen. You're really getting into superhero stuff, too.
Current nicknames: Jambo, Jamesie, buddy
Favorite toys: small figurines that you carry around constantly (Flynn Rider in your favorite), books, Cookie Monster toy, toy cars and trucks
Jambo, you are such a ray of sunshine with a smile that can make the cloudiest day bright. We're so blessed to have you! It breaks my heart a little bit that you're getting so big, but I'm also thankful to watch you grow.
I love you,