Saturday, June 29, 2013

My New Job

I have a new boss...

She is definitely the smallest boss I've ever had.

And certainly the cutest.

She can be demanding at times...

But those moments are quickly forgotten when she smiles and coos...

After finishing up the school year a few weeks ago, I packed up my classroom and left my job to stay home with Claire. I've always hoped I could be a stay-at-home mom, and I'm very thankful to Cam for the opportunity to do so. It's so nice to be able to completely focus my attention on my family. 

We don't know how long I'll be able to stay home, but we're committed to doing whatever we need to in order to make it work. I'll be subbing from time to time to help pay for our health insurance because OMG, it ain't cheap, y'all. Whenever I do go back to working outside the home, I can say with almost complete certainty that I will not be going back to teaching. I value my sanity far too much to do that again.

Big Mama, one of my favorite bloggers, described the decision to stay at home so perfectly in her book Sparkly Green Earrings, "From my perspective, I'm just thankful that if I'm going to spend my days with someone who ignores half of what I say and acts like she knows better than I do, it's my daughter." ;)

In all seriousness, this is the best decision for our family and I'm so happy about it that I'm practically pinching myself in disbelief. Here's to new adventures and dreams coming true!

3 comments:

  1. SO happy you have this opportunity Mere,I love thinking of all the memories you will have from this :) Yay!!!!! What a blessing!
    Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious pictures! So happy you get to stay home! Love you! - Lizzie

    ReplyDelete