Wednesday, May 21, 2014

15 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: Not sure

Size of Baby: Baby is the size of an apple!

Maternity Clothes: Yep

Sleep: Pretty good

Movement: I haven't felt much in the last week.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really specific. I'm thirsty and always wanting different drinks. By the time I head to bed at night, I have an entire array of beverages on the table by the couch.

What I Miss: Margaritas and having strong bladder muscles!

Gender: I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could easily convince myself of baby being either gender right now.

Mood: Pretty good. A little moody and hormonal sometimes...well, Cam might say more than just sometimes, haha. I've spent time everyday since my last post on the phone with Humana straightening out our insurance fiasco, and that has left me a bit stressed. It has been an absolute nightmare for everybody at Cam's company...that's not an exaggeration. If this experience is any reflection of the state of the American healthcare system post-Obamacare, we are in so much trouble. I seriously want to cry thinking that we're spending $850/month for this. I'm just thankful that I'm not due with the baby this month or having surgery or something else serious...I can't imagine how much stress this mess would've added in that situation.

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've gotten sick twice in the last week, but that is such an improvement from how it's been. I feel so much better than I did and for that I am so thankful. 

Otherwise, I'm a little tired and having a bit of hip and back pain, but no biggie. I have this extremely full feeling in the late evenings. I remember this from when I was pregnant with Claire, although it didn't start this early. Around 10 pm, I feel like I've just eaten Thanksgiving dinner. It can last for hours sometimes and make going to sleep difficult. I can control it a little bit by not eating or drinking much for several hours before, but nothing completely eliminates it. It's really weird. 

Differences from Last Pregnancy: Right now things are pretty similar, apart from a few of the symptoms I mentioned above starting a bit earlier than last time. 

Milestones: Hmmm...just feeling a lot better, I guess? 15 weeks is when I felt a lot better with Claire too. I'm still taking my nausea meds though...don't wanna press my luck! 

Anything Else You'd Like to Share: Can't think of anything.

Best Moment this Week: Going on a little girls getaway with my Mom and Claire. The boys went fishing in Rockport, so we took advantage and went to San Antonio for the night. It was fun, but my niece Grace got sick, so she and my sister couldn't go. We missed them so much! But I had a great time with my Mom and it's always nice to get away for a little bit. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: Celebrating Pinky and Gigi's birthdays this weekend with the fam and having a long weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment