Wednesday, May 28, 2014

16 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: I've gained 5 lbs since my last doctor's appointment, but since I had a lost 1 lb last time, my net gain for the pregnancy is 4 lbs. 

Size of Baby: Baby is the size of an avocado. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, indeed!

Sleep: Pretty good. I stay up way too late at night, but I can't blame that on pregnancy...that's all me!

Movement: I haven't felt much in the last couple weeks. I was a little worried about it, but Dr. Orth said it's nothing to worry about. It's still early for movement...with Claire I didn't feel anything for 5 additional weeks. 

Cravings/Aversions: Last week Cam got me a blue raspberry slushy at the gas station and I've has two more since then. So good!

What I Miss: After a holiday weekend of celebrating, I miss alcohol! I'm not a big drinker, but between 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding each bambino, it will be 3.5 years straight of not being free to drink when I want. 

Gender: We find out in 3 weeks on June 18th! I am soooo excited to find out! I can't wait to know what our family of four will look like!

Mood: Pretty good. 

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: Feeling really full and uncomfortable at night. A little bit of swelling - I had to admit defeat and put my real wedding rings away this week. I feel like I'm showing so much already...it's crazy how much sooner all these things start the second time around. 

Overall I've been feeling so much better lately, so on Sunday night I decided to try not taking my Diclegis. Monday I could definitely tell a difference and felt nauseous on and off all day, so back to the Diclegis I go! Dr. Orth said I'll likely need to take it for 4 more weeks or so. 

Differences from Last Pregnancy: One major difference is that heartburn hasn't been an issue so far in this pregnancy because I'm taking Prevacid everyday already. I had very bad heartburn with Claire and it never really went away after she was born, so I started seeing a gastroenterologist this past winter and had an endoscopy. It showed that I have esophagitis and a hiatal hernia, so when I feel like my stomach is coming up into my throat, it's because that's literally what is happening. Good times! I will likely take acid blocking medication forever, pregnant or not. Nevertheless, I tried to avoid taking one during the first trimester and wasn't able to do it...I just feel miserable without my medication. 

Milestones: I can't believe that in just 4 short weeks this pregnancy will be halfway over! Crazy! I had my doctor's appointment today and it went well. Baby's heartbeat was strong and easy to find on the doppler. My blood pressure was a teeny bit elevated, but I think it was because I'd been scrambling to get Claire dropped off and get to my appointment on time in the rain. 

Best Moment this Week: Spending the weekend with family and having an extra day to relax with Cam and Claire on Monday! Claire is at such a fun age and she literally makes us laugh all day! 

What I'm Looking Forward to: The anatomy scan on June 18th! Of course I'm excited to know the gender, but I'm also looking forward to make sure everything looks good and healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment