Friday, September 5, 2014

30 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: I'm up 21 lbs total.

Size of Baby: James is the size of a large cabbage! My little cabbage patch kid!

Sleep: It's okay.

Movement: Yes, he is quite a wild man these days. I think when I'm walking around it rocks him to sleep, but when I'm sitting or laying down he is very active. Last night Cam and I watched my stomach just move around, which is cool but a little freaky!

Cravings/Aversions: Kit Kats and junky stuff from Sonic. You know me...all about the healthy stuff.

What I Miss: I miss being comfortable!

Gender: A son! I still can't believe it! I don't know if it's the fact that I already have a girl, grew up with a sister myself, or secretly kinda always saw myself having two girls...but a boy is just a whole new world that I'm very excited to experience. I can't wait to see his sweet little face. I hope he looks like his Daddy. :)

Mood: I feel a little all over the place and overwhelmed. Nesting has kicked in again in full force and I feel like I need to do a billion things right this second! For example, I started Christmas shopping on Monday. This is something I fully planned to do early because I know that with having a brand new baby at home and recovering from childbirth, there won't be any time left for shopping in that month or so between babytime and Christmas. We also have a billion birthday, wedding, and baby presents to get for various things this Fall, so I just started knocking stuff out. I have ordered so many things online in the last week, it will be a small miracle if I can keep everything straight! I'm also working on getting the nursery finished up and feeling like I just can't seem to keep my house clean enough. Like I said...NESTING.

Symptoms: I've definitely hit the third trimester wall in the last few days. All that nesting I mentioned before...it's being met by a pretty strong dose of exhaustion. I'm having trouble getting out of bed in the morning. It's still so hot outside and I feel so uncomfortable. Yesterday we had a family from our Sunday School class over for dinner. I was finishing up dinner, visiting with my friend, and trying to negotiate a very clingy Claire who didn't want to to be put down so I could get everything ready to serve (fit throwing/clingyness when I'm trying to prepare food seems to be one of my daughter's specialties). Anyway, I don't know if it was just a lot going on, being dehydrated, or just plain overdoing it...but while all of this was going I started seeing black spots for about 20 minutes. I could see, but about half my vision was just spots. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to scare people, and having experienced this some during my first pregnancy, I knew I just needed to finish up, sit down, drink some water and eat. After doing that, I got to feeling better, but boy was it disorienting and a little scary! I know I need to cool it a little bit. 

In more upbeat news, I had an appointment on Tuesday and it went great! My doctor seems really happy with how everything's going. When I go back in two weeks, I'll have another growth ultrasound due to the placenta issue. It will be fun to see how our little prince is growing and changing! Another good news item is that my swelling has been so much better this week.  

Best Moment this Week: The last week is a blur somehow! I guess it'd be having a good appointment on Tuesday. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: Doing some shopping for essentials tomorrow at Babies R Us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment