Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baby G

Come March, we will have a NIECE! Lizzie's ultrasound was Wednesday and it was such an amazing experience! They confirmed my suspicion that it was a girl and said she is perfectly healthy, which is wonderful in itself! Technology is really something - they counted all her finger and toes and checked out all her organs. It's incredible to me that they can do all of that at 19 weeks!

The fam had been leaning toward thinking it was a boy - everyone but me and Corey (and my Mom, who I don't think completely made up her mind one way or another) thought it was a boy. Of course we would all be happy either way, I just had a feeling it was a girl. I purposely wore pink on sonogram day and was happy to see that the sky was unusually pink that morning when I left the house. The ultrasound tech was awesome - we were talking about how active the baby was being and the tech said, "Yes, SHE is very active." Then, we cried. It was such a special experience and I'm so thankful to my sister and Corey for inviting me.
Doesn't she have the sweetest little profile? She is beautiful already!

Having our nephew Logan and our new niece in the world is so wonderful. There's something really special about watching your siblings become parents and your parents become grandparents. I can't even fathom what it will be like to have a baby of our own one day. Babies are such a blessing! Can't wait to meet Little Girl Granstrand next year. Her due date is the first day of Spring - isn't that neat and symbolic? When Cam and I were in New Orleans this summer, I had my palm read on Royale Street by a woman who happened to be named Elizabeth. She didn't have a set price like all the other readers around the city...she just took whatever you were willing to pay her. She told me that my sister would be having this baby - isn't that cool?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, this is so sweet Aunt Meredith! I know our Baby Girl loves you a ton already!
    That is so cool about the palm reader! Somehow, I had never heard the detail that she has my name. So awesome that she predicted it!

    ReplyDelete