Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend in East Texas with my family. It was a great family reunion! We had over 50 people there - a good turn out! The weather was glorious and I enjoyed getting to see everyone.

My mom has scheduled family pictures for the end of this month. My parents really want a family photo before the next generation arrives! The last time we had a family picture, it was a church directory picture when I was in high school, so it's time for an update. I'm very happy to have some new pictures of everyone, but I'm wishing I could have a full body transplant before picture day arrives. I either need to lose 30 pounds before the end of this month or find a strategic spot to stand behind someone else. The last two years have not been kind to my body (read: I'm really chubby) and I'm a bit nervous to preserve its current state for posterity. Maybe I'll just get my jaw wired shut like Tami on the Real World Los Angeles did back in the day...

I'm really looking forward to being home this weekend. We've traveled the last two weekends and will be traveling again next weekend for a wedding - whew! These are all fun events, but all this traveling makes for some very long work weeks! This weekend I'm going to sleep in my own bed for copious amounts of time and have a football extravaganza on Saturday. UT plays OU Saturday morning and A&M plays Tech that afternoon! HOOK 'EM HORNS!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, you should not pull a Tami! It wasn't not funny! I think we are all feeling a little self-conscious about getting pictures taken. I'm sure that the photographer will have creative ways to make us feel/look better.
    I'm glad y'all will be home this weekend and get a chance to catch up on rest! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We appreciate you and Cam coming to the family reunion so much (ditto to Lizzie & Corey).
    I feel a little traumatized by the thought of the photo shoot too, but maybe we can get it done quickly and as painlessly as possible.
    love you, darling!

    ReplyDelete