Wednesday, June 4, 2014

17 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: I'm not sure.

Size of Baby: Baby #2 is the size of a turnip.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, most of the time. I'm still wearing a few shirts that aren't maternity.

Sleep: It's been okay.

Movement: I've felt my little bambino twice this week. It's always when I'm reaching for something and moving into some awkward position, so I always get scared I'm hurting the baby and move real quick.

Cravings/Aversions: I want Chewy Sweet Tarts! All day, errday.

What I Miss: I really want a mimosa. I know I keep answering this question with different alcoholic bevs, but I promise I'm not a lush. I just watch a lot of Bravo and the ladies on those shows are always drinking. 

Gender: Just two more weeks! We're counting down the days until June 18th! 

Mood: Pretty good. The Great Insurance Crisis of 2014 is finally resolved, thankfully. I suddenly find myself with hours of extra time everyday now that I'm not spending them on the phone with Humana. This does great things for my mood!

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: I'm feeling really good! I haven't even felt nauseous this week, but I'm still taking my medicine just in case. It's really night and day from how I felt a few weeks ago. I sort of dropped out of life for a couple of months there and now it's so nice to have energy to go and do things. I'm trying to take advantage of that now because I know it won't be as easy or always possible with two kids.

Milestones: Can't really think of anything. I guess just continuing to feel better and better.

Best Moment this Week: Just getting to be with my Clairebear. She is in such a sweet and funny stage right now. Her emotional development over the past couple months has been amazing to watch. During this pregnancy, I've had some of the typical second-time mom fears about how I will ever have room in my heart to love a second baby the way I love Claire. The love you feel for your firstborn is pretty overwhelming, but I know that it will be the same way for my second baby too. Claire and I have our little routine and there is so much sweetness and comfort in that, and I worry I'm about to throw a wrench in that for her (and myself, honestly), but I know that we're really giving her the best gift in the world...a sibling! Every mom of two tells me these feelings are totally normal, but I guess it's just something everyone has to feel and process for themselves. We were at a birthday party this weekend and there was a 1 month old there. Claire kept going over to the baby carrier and peering inside at the baby. It was really sweet to see her showing interest! I know she will have jealous moments when our baby comes, but it gave me more confidence to see that.

What I'm Looking Forward to: June 18th!

No comments:

Post a Comment