Wednesday, June 18, 2014

19 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: Who knows?

Size of Baby: James is the size of a large heirloom tomato. According to the ultrasound today, he is measuring right on track!

Maternity Clothes: Yes, indeed!

Sleep: Okay. I had trouble sleeping a few nights, but it's been better the last couple days.

Movement: Yesterday, I felt something twice. I always seem to feel things when I'm sitting in the passengers seat in my mom's car and I turn around to look at/give something to Claire behind me. Interestingly enough, at our ultrasound today I found out that my placenta is now anterior, as it was with Claire. This explains why I haven't felt much movement these past few weeks! I guess that's just the way my placentas (placentii? ha) roll! 

Cravings/Aversions: I'm craving sweets! My appetite has really increased in the last week or so...baby is growing! When she looked at James' abdomen today, the ultrasound tech commented that our baby boy is definitely not going hungry...haha!  

What I Miss: Can't really think of anything right now!

Gender: It's a boy!! James Strutton Todd! We are thrilled! It will be such an adventure having a little boy...it was absolutely adorable seeing Cam with visions of baseball and football with his son in his head once we found out it was a boy!

Mood: Good. Very emotional today, especially this evening. I remember being the same way after we found out Claire was a girl. The whole thing just makes me very emotional! 

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: I'm really in the golden phase of pregnancy. I feel great most of the time! I've had headaches this week, but I think that's related to allergies. The feeling very full at night thing is back this week...I think it's related to my reflux and everything getting pressed together as the baby grows. 

I get weekly pregnancy updates from Babycenter and I remember recently it said I might start being more clumsy at this point in the pregnancy. Well, that was definitely spot on! I dropped my phone on the ground this weekend and it BOUNCED OFF THE CONCRETE into a pool. Cam jumped in the pool very heroically and saved my phone. It's been on rice life support and overall, it's working pretty well. Sometimes it acts possessed and types the letter M over and over, but I'm just relieved it's working at all! I've been dropping other stuff a lot too. As we all know, I was VERY clumsy at the end of my first pregnancy, so I'm trying to watch my footwork very closely from here on out!  

Differences from Last Pregnancy: They're fairly similar right now!

Best Moment this Week: Getting to see our pumpkin on the ultrasound today and finding out we are having a sweet baby boy! We also had a really fun weekend in Sugar Land with Cam's family! Claire has the best time!

What I'm Looking Forward to: Buying some things for sweet baby James to wear and starting the process of getting his room ready to decorate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment