Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's a...

BOY!!!

James Strutton Todd is healthy and absolutely precious.


What a fun, whirlwind day it has been! We are absolutely thrilled! It will be so fun to have one of each! Our sweet baby James wasted no time today showing us exactly who he was! Everything looks good and healthy, which is wonderful! I don't know why, but I was more nervous about that part of things this time than I remember being last. I just didn't see how we could possibly get lucky enough to have two healthy babies. We are so thankful.

Cam's parents came into town for the day, and our dads were nice enough to watch Claire and Grace so that Cam, my mom, mother-in-law, sister, and I could go to the ultrasound together. Afterward, we came home and shared the news with them, and then we all went to lunch together. It was such a fun and special day!

It was so funny to compare this ultrasound to Claire's!! Claire was demure and very lady-like, keeping her legs crossed for 45 minutes! It took drinking water, going to the bathroom and doing jumping jacks to get her to finally reveal herself! Today, it took less than 5 minutes for James to "show us his stuff"! So funny! Definitely all boy!

There's a tradition in Cam's family of naming a boy James and then using the mother's maiden name as a middle name. Cam's full name is James Campbell Todd, and his dad and grandfather are both James as well. Even before meeting Cam, James was my favorite boy name. We are honored and very excited to carry on the tradition! We plan to call him James. It works out pretty cool that each of our babies will have our middle names. Claire's is Campbell, like her Daddy. James' will be Strutton...when I got married and changed my last name, I took my maiden name as my middle name. I'm glad the Strutton name will be carried on in that way through our boy! A little boy is a whole new adventure for my family, as we are a family of daughters who both had daughters first. My Daddy, the eternal outdoorsman, informed me he was going to buy James a shotgun tonight...ha!!!!!!

It was a wonderful day and we loved having family with us to celebrate! We can't wait to meet James in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment