Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, Monday

Is it bad that most of my posts are named after the day of the week? I feel very uncreative when I do that, but my posts are generally very random, so a title that sums everything up just isn't usually possible.

We just spent a great weekend in Sugar Land with Cam's family. It was Cam's brother Brandon's 30th birthday (shout out to him, even though he would NEVER read this), so we got to celebrate with him. Friday night we went to an amazing dinner at a steakhouse called Taste of Texas. It was quite delicious and so fun to catch up with everyone! Saturday my mother-in-law Jennifer and I took care of my nephew Logan for the day while the rest of the family went to the Aggie football game. We had a lot of fun! He is so adorable and so good! 9 months is a really fun, interactive age! Sunday we had a little birthday celebration with family and then made the trek home.

The only damper on the weekend was some terrible football misfortune. Both of Cam's teams had heartbreaking losses and he was none too thrilled about it. Poor guy! He bounced back pretty quickly though and is no longer swearing off football. I'm hoping both his teams win next weekend to make up for this one!

Today may be Monday, but it just so happens to be my Tuesday! This is a four day week for me because we're going out of town on Friday to a family reunion in East Texas. I'm looking forward to seeing all my people and being in the peaceful Piney Woods. I'm also looking forward to having a day off. This school year is kicking my butt. I'm hoping things turn around for the better soon.

Next month I get to go to the gender sonogram for my new little nephew or niece! My sister and Corey get to have two other people there and they were nice enough to invite me and my mom. I am so excited and honored to be there and I can't wait to see the little baby bunny on the screen!

I'll close with this little gem...
Only my cat would do this to AN ANGEL while we were out of town. I'm praying this beheading was unintentional!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Brandon did read it - but I may have told him to ;-)

    He appreciates the shout out though :)

    Praying your year gets better! Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete