Wednesday, August 15, 2012

16 Weeks

I'm going to start doing these weekly pregnancy updates that I've seen on other people's blogs. It's a fun way to track the info! I hope to be able to keep up with it after I go back to work on Friday.
Total Weight Loss/Gain: Since my first weigh-in at the doctor's office at about 6-7 weeks, I've gained 3 pounds. I'm not sure what my exact weight was before I was pregnant but it was pretty close to my first weigh-in, so I'm counting from that.

Size of Baby: According to Babycenter, our baby is about the size of an avocado!

Maternity Clothes: Yes! Love them! Some of them are a little big sometimes, but I feel so much more comfortable in them than regular clothes. My sweet mother-in-law bought me some new clothes that will help me transition back to work!

Sleep: I sleep pretty well, but have extreme heartburn every night before bed. I feel like a fire-breathing dragon! Milk and Tums, Milk and Tums...

Movement: I'm not sure?! I've been feeling lots of weird pains/feelings in my abdomen for the last few days and I'm wondering if some of them are movement. As a first timer, I'm still not sure!

Cravings/Aversions: No one thing in particular. When I'm hungry for something, it sounds really good though! 

What I Miss: Lately when I see people drinking a glass of wine, I think about how that would taste and kinda miss it. I'm not a huge drinker though, so I think this is more a byproduct of alcohol being off limits right now. I did have a strange dream the other night that I was at a social function and had a cocktail and didn't realize what I'd done until after I drank it and then I was totally consumed with guilt. Never too early for mother's guilt is it?

Gender: We find out in 1 more month! Can't wait! I keep going back and forth, but right now I feel like it's a girl. A few weeks ago, it was a boy. Cam is still solidly thinking it's a girl. We had Chinese food recently and the Chinese word on the back of my fortune was "daughter". Could be a sign! We will be thrilled either way - there are so many fun things about either gender.

Mood: Pretty good. Trying to stay breezy and not stress before I go back to work. I'm making a pretty concerted effort this go round not to stress so much when getting ready for the school year. I will admit to having a completely irrational crying session yesterday due to feeling guilty for yelling at the dog. Bad puppy mommy!

Milestones: 16 weeks today! I can't believe we are nearing the halfway point. That's just crazy! I also haven't thrown up in over a week. That could change at any moment, but maybe it could be the beginning of a milestone? 

Medical Concerns: None, thankfully! Went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks great! It took her about five minutes to find the heartbeat on the doppler. Two weeks ago, she found it much more quickly. I was silently freaking out, but she finally found it and everything sounded good. She says it can be pretty tough to find it at this stage of the pregnancy. The heartrate went from the 120s to the 140s and then up to 150s (where it was two weeks ago). She said the rate can move up and down wildly like that when baby's moving around a lot. Crazy to think about a little baby having a party inside me - ha!

Anything Else You'd Like to Share: I've been having some pretty sharp shooting pains. It freaked Cam out when it first happened because we were laying in bed and all of a sudden, I was jerking around in pain. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels how I would imagine it would feel if a full term baby was extending its arm out in one direction. I've looked it up online and there's a common nickname for this pain, but I'm going to be a lady and not repeat it on the blog. Google if you wish. I've also felt a lot of stretching in my stomach. My doctor said all of this could be movement or just my uterus stretching.

What I Look Forward To: Finding out the gender! Getting adjusted into a comfortable working routine. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Meredith! I really hope you can keep blogging regularly!

    ReplyDelete