Wednesday, August 22, 2012

17 Weeks



Total Weight Loss/Gain: According to my scale at home, I've gained about 2.5 lbs total.

Size of Baby: According to the Bump, our baby is about the size of an onion.

Maternity Clothes: Love them! I got to wear a cute new maternity dress to two events on Saturday. It was comfortable and I felt good wearing it - score!

Sleep: I sleep pretty well but am still having lots of heartburn, especially at night. I woke up very late Saturday night and literally felt like I could throw up - not because of nausea, but because of pure acid in my throat. I had accepted that heartburn was just part of pregnancy, but my Dad gave me a little speech the other day and urged me to call my doctor. So I did and now I'm trying out some meds that are pregnancy safe. It's important for mommy to still have an esophagus when baby arrives, so I'm glad to be trying some new things. 

Movement: Nothing yet. 

Cravings/Aversions: No one thing in particular. When I'm hungry for something, I'm all about it though! 

What I Miss: I normally eat sushi once a year or less. In the last week, due to various social situations, I've eaten at sushi restaurants twice! Trying to figure out what to eat has been interesting.

Gender: Counting down the days until September 14th! A bunch of Facebook friends think it's a boy. Several people I saw this weekend think it's a girl based on how I'm carrying. We shall see!

Mood: Okay. I feel like I've been handling back to school stress pretty well, but I've had my moments this week.

Milestones: Hmmmm. Can't think of anything specific right now! 

Medical Concerns: None, thankfully! 

Anything Else You'd Like to Share: At the end of my work days I usually feel some pain/stretching in my abdomen. I'm trying not to push myself too hard but there is a lot to do right now! Baby is the priority of course! I've had professional development this week. In the past 3 days, I've sat through 11 different breakout sessions. Sitting for that long is painful right now. My bum, my back, and my ribs are killing me! Maybe that will make me appreciate that my job doesn't require sitting all day. Also, I feel like my bump has doubled in the last week! I read that the baby doubles in size very quickly at this point in the pregnancy.

What I Look Forward to: We booked a little babymoon/my 30th birthday getaway to Fredericksburg in November. I'm so excited!!! By then it will be our first real time away in a year and a half and I cannot wait!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment