Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Odds & Ends

From here on out, if anyone asks how I'm feeling, I'm just going to say, "Okay". If I'm having a stretch of feeling good and I say so, it's like a cue for my body to say, "Oh really? You think so?" and I will be throwing up again in a few hours. It's like I jinx myself. Sunday I woke up feeling better than I have in months. I felt like myself and had energy to do things again. We had a great day and then I continued to feel really good Monday. I thought I'd finally gotten over the first trimester stuff. And then it was 2:30 am Tuesday morning and I was puking again. And then again Tuesday right after lunch at my parent's house. This is new, as up to this point, I've somehow always been able to contain actually getting sick to my own house. Then I literally laid on their couch until 8 pm. I couldn't get up, couldn't do anything. We can now add cherry snow cones and broccoli cheddar soup to the long list of foods I will never be able to feel the same way about. Gross, I know. But it's my reality. For the entire summer. And I'm over it. It's all worth it, of course, but I'm just worn out. I pray that it's over for good by the time I go back to work on August 17th. If I have to throw up in a middle school bathroom, they may have to take me straight to the loony bin. I'll stop whining now!


On a happier note, I bought the bedding I blogged about last week. It is absolutely adorable and I'm so in love with it! And it was a great deal. So if we have a little boy, we are set! 


Are you watching the Olympics? It's so fun! I'm so happy for the U.S. gymnastics team and Michael Phelps. I don't really care for Ryan Lochte. He seems arrogant and he wears a grill. Seriously, a grill? 


There's a Martha Stewart Show rerun on right now that's from the week of Halloween. It makes me so excited for Fall! I can't wait for pumpkins, cooler weather, and boots. I'm also really excited for football season, but sad because it means my Campbell will be gone every other Saturday for the entire day at Aggie football games. He loves it and that makes me happy, but I miss him! I'm super attached to him right now. When he's around, I feel better. Always. Love that baby daddy of mine so much (I know you read this Cam! <3).

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you, Mere--you have had a rough first trimester! It's really hard to feel so sick all the time.
    When I was pregnant with Grace, I felt sooo attached to Corey-I couldn't stand for him to be away. I think it is totally normal for you to feel that way about Cam! But look at it this way-while he is gone at the games, we can shop for the baby!

    ReplyDelete