Wednesday, July 2, 2014

21 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: I've gained 12 pounds total.

Size of Baby: James is about the size of a carrot!

Maternity Clothes: Yes, although I'm still wearing my regular t-shirts a lot. 

Sleep: Not great...I'm having trouble getting to sleep lately. 

Movement: Started feeling it almost everyday this week...exciting! At my anatomy scan and today when my doc found the heartbeat on the doppler, he was moving a lot! I think I'd be feeling a lot more without this dang placenta in the way! ;)

Cravings/Aversions: Sweets! During my first trimester, eating was akin to a force feeding experience. Now that I'm feeling so much better, I've been enjoying having my appetite back and indulging a lot these past few weeks. Trying to reign things in a bit and work on eating less sweets and carbs, and more protein! 

What I Miss: Nothing at the moment.

Gender: It's a sweet baby boy!  

Mood: Good!

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: I had my doctor's appointment today and it went well! Baby's heartbeat sounded good and strong on the doppler. The second trimester is lovely and I'm definitely a fan! :) I've been more tired this week, but overall I'm feeling really good! I'm starting to notice new stretch marks popping up on my stomach, as well as the melasma patches I get under my eyes when I'm pregnant. 

At my anatomy ultrasound a couple weeks ago, the tech found that my placenta has an additional lobe. It doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about (although I did just make the mistake of googling it and got a little freaked out!!), but it's definitely good for them to know about ahead of delivery. Today my doctor talked to me about how they have to do something at delivery to ensure that this extra part of the placenta is delivered. She said an epidural really helps in this situation because it can be painful. If I have an epidural, I sure hope it works this time!

Best Moment this Week: Cam and I have started the process of getting James' room cleared out so we can prepare his nursery. His room has been our guest room/office so we're going to have to get very creative to find a place for all our stuff. We still have a long way to go, but it always feels good to get started! I got a couple projects done that I've been wanting to do for months. I'm definitely nesting, and it feels so good to get things organized around the house! I can't wait to get to the fun part of decorating for our sweet baby boy!

What I'm Looking Forward to: Celebrating the 4th and enjoying the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment