Wednesday, July 16, 2014

23 Weeks


Total Weight Gain: You know what? I'm making an executive decision to cut this question from the list. I hardly ever answer it unless it's the week of a doctor appointment anyway. And since I started blogging this pregnancy, I think I've had maybe one comment. That's not to say that I blog for comments, but at this point this blog is clearly just a journal for me...and I know how much I weigh. I don't need to keep a running count on a blog. Maybe I'll update later in the pregnancy.

Size of Baby: James is the size of a large mango.

Maternity Clothes: Yep, most of the time!

Sleep: I love sleeping and I think I could sleep 20 hours/day right now if I didn't have to take care of my people. 

Movement: I'm feeling my little guy move a lot, and I love it! The other night he was moving a lot and Cam kept trying to feel it but James was playing possum. He's definitely most active late in the evening.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm craving all the bad stuff...like cupcakes.

Gender: It's a boy!

Mood: I've been very emotional lately. Everything makes me cry! I saw a movie last week that was not even that sad and I cried an absurd amount. We watched a relatively harmless video in Sunday School and I cried like a damn fool. This weekend I spent an hour at lunch with someone and accidentally called them by the wrong name at the end of the meal, and I was so mortified I cried off and on for hours after we left. Yep, I'm the hot mess express. I'm quite certain I'm an absolute joy to be around these days.

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: Still pretty tired and a little under the weather. The Todd clan has been dealing with allergies all week. Feels so weird to be that kind of sick in the summer. 

Still very clumsy. It's ridiculous and pretty comical. At the moment I'm sporting a grease burn on my wrist from cooking that makes me look like I'm into self-harm. There have been many other mishaps this week, but I'll spare you the details. As long as I finish this race with no broken bones and walking on my own two feet, we will be aces! 

This is very random, but I have a weird taste in my mouth all the time. It started in the first trimester and I remember having it with Claire, but it seems to be going on longer this time. It goes away if I brush my teeth, but the minute I eat or drink anything, it's back. I'm sure it's just hormones, but weird!

Best Moment this Week: We picked out a nice crib this weekend. Buy Buy Baby had it in stock so it's already here! I'm really happy with it and can't wait to see it all put together in his room. 

It's also really fun explaining to Claire that she's going to have a baby brother. The other night we were telling her that Baby James was in my tummy and she seemed pretty unimpressed. Then we asked her to say his name and she said something that kind of sounded like James. Next we tried to get her to say "brother" and she said "bubba". Very cute! When we went to pick her up from the church nursery on Sunday, we caught a glimpse of her through the window. Some of the adults were standing over one of the baby cribs and Claire was all up in the mix peering into the crib at the baby. It melted my heart! I can't wait to see my two babies together!

What I'm Looking Forward to: Continuing to work in the baby's room and hopefully picking a paint color sometime soon. We're making slow but steady progress and I look forward to seeing it all come together! 

1 comment:

  1. Checking you blog is one of the first things I do every Wednesday morning! I love it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete