Wednesday, July 30, 2014

25 Weeks

Size of Baby: Sweet Baby James is the size of a rutabaga.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Cam's boss had a baby recently and was kind enough to pass along some maternity clothes to me. I feel like I'm wearing the same few shirts over and over, so it's great to be able to spruce up the old wardrobe!

Sleep: Okay, not great. You know when you have really vivid dreams and wake up feeling like you really didn't sleep? That's me right now. 

Movement: Lots and lots of it! Feeling more movement instead of just kicks/punches. 

Cravings/Aversions: I can't really think of anything I'm craving. Really thirsty all the time though. 

Gender: Our little prince James!

Mood: Pretty good, but then bummed out today. 

Symptoms/Medical Concerns: My ankles are swelling if I'm on my feet a lot, but it's much more manageable than my last pregnancy when I was teaching. I have typical pregnancy aches and pains, especially in my hips after sleeping, but sleeping with a pillow between my legs helps immensely. 

My appointment today went fine, but I have to go back in two weeks. I've gained weight really fast these past two months, so now I have to go back in two weeks to get my weight checked, check the baby's growth via ultrasound, and have the gestational diabetes screening. The weight gain could be gestational diabetes, but it's not super likely since I didn't have it last pregnancy and I never have sugar in my urine when they test it at my appointments. What my doctor thinks is more likely is that this baby will be another big one with a large placenta. Claire's placenta was almost twin-sized. I also need to eat better, of course. I remember during my first pregnancy, I gained a lot of weight during the second trimester, got worried about it, and then it sort of leveled out during the last trimester. Hopefully this pregnancy will follow that pattern. And while it's tempting to let it go and vow not to worry about weight until after the baby's born, the weight doesn't just fall off for me the way it seems to for so many other people I know. I nursed Claire for a year, and even with her nursing EVERY TWO HOURS until she was almost six months old, it still took me nine months to lose just the baby weight, nothing extra. However all of this shakes out, being a fatty is not fun. It takes the fun out of everything and makes me feel really bad about myself.

Best Moment this Week: We had a really fun weekend with my in-laws! It's really neat to see how bonded Claire is with her family...it makes my heart very happy. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: We may go look at paint colors for the nursery this weekend and there's talk of a much-needed date night with my Campbell...both very good things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment