Wednesday, August 13, 2014

27 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: I've gained 19 lbs as of yesterday morning.

Size of Baby: Baby James is the size of a head of cauliflower. At my appointment yesterday, I found out our boy weighs 2 lbs, 7 oz.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, everything but t-shirts is maternity.

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good!

Movement: OMG, yes. He is so active these days! It's getting to the point where it's almost a little uncomfortable, but I'm trying not to take it for granted. Poor Cam still can't feel a thing!

Cravings/Aversions: I'm craving peanut butter & jelly. After seeing that picture above, I'd have to say cauliflower is my current aversion. Yuck!

Gender: It's a boy!

Mood: Pretty good these days! Getting really excited that Fall is coming!

Symptoms: I'm starting to reach the uncomfortable stage, and the heat is definitely playing a part in that. I feel so sorry for women who are 9 months pregnant this time of year...that must be miserable! Otherwise, as the day goes on I have some swelling, although it's much more manageable than my last pregnancy. My circulation is not great - if I sit on the ground, my feet fall asleep a lot and I wake up in the morning with my hands asleep. Coupled with the fact that my handwriting has turned into complete chicken-scratch, I fear the carpal tunnel may be starting to rear its ugly head!

My appointment yesterday morning was an eventful one and it went very well! I had an ultrasound, did my 1 hour glucose test, saw my doctor, and got my Rhogam shot. Everyone's feeling a lot better about things since my last appointment. I lost a pound since I was there two weeks ago. Baby James looked great on the ultrasound! He's in the 71st percentile right now...if he stays on that track, we'll be looking at about an 8 1/2 lb. baby. The fact that he's not super big made my doctor happy. She does think the placenta will be big. They checked out the extra lobe of my placenta and everything looks fine. The umbilical cord is connected to the main part of the placenta, which is very good, and the extra lobe isn't obstructing growth at all. I know some of this is very technical/boring, but it's mainly for me to have a written record of the appointment. Surprisingly, this additional lobe is pretty big. The main part of the placenta measures about 15 cm, while the lobe is almost 13 cm. A few weeks ago I had read some stuff online that freaked me out. After talking to Dr. Orth, I realized whatever I read about was different than what I have, so thankfully most of that info didn't apply. The only real risks here are 1) the cord not inserting into the larger lobe 2) the extra lobe obstructing the growth of the baby 3) the entire placenta not being delivered (like if they didn't know about the extra part ahead of time). Luckily none of these apply in my situation.

Milestones: Yesterday marks three months until my due date! We'll be holding our little guy in three months or less, unless he decides to make a late arrival. Whenever he does arrive, my doctor thinks it will be a pretty fast labor since my induction with Claire went quickly for a first time delivery.

Best Moment this Week: Seeing this sweet little face on the ultrasound yesterday. He is such a precious pumpkin and I can't wait to see him in person very soon.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Hopefully getting good news on my glucose test tomorrow and painting the baby's room this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad your appointment went so well! Baby James is precious!!!!! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful face - can't wait to kiss this darling boy! Love you, Pinky������

    ReplyDelete