Wednesday, August 20, 2014

28 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby is the size of a large eggplant.

Maternity Clothes: Yes indeed!

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well overall. Whether pregnant or not, August is always a hit-or-miss month of sleep for me because it's too hot to sleep. Come on Fall!

Movement: Yes. I feel like I don't spend quite as much time thinking about being pregnant as I did the first time, so those kicks and hiccups are such a sweet little reminder. "Hey ma, I'm in here!"

Cravings/Aversions: I'm craving lemonade and the new slushes from Sonic with nerds candy in them (yes, I'm a five year old). 

Gender: It's a boy...James!

Mood: Pretty good, if not a bit hormonal at times. I'm very excited about all that's coming up in the next few months, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about having two kids under two!

Symptoms: I'm feeling good....just hot, hot, hot! I really hate the month of August, and being pregnant has intensified that. Overall it's been a mild summer, in terms of June and July being less hot than recent years, but the August heat has definitely set in. At a party this weekend a woman and I were talking about how hot it was, and she asked me how I was handling it with being pregnant and my answer was very blunt: baby powder. Seriously...thank you Lord for baby powder. 

Just like my pregnancy with Claire, I did not pass the one hour gestational diabetes test I took last week so I spent Thursday morning doing the three hour test. Thankfully, I passed! I'm very relieved. I'm lucky because the test didn't really make me feel sick or weird. There was a teenage pregnant girl doing the test at the same time I was and she got sick about halfway through...they made her stop and come back another day to do the entire test over again!!!!!!! With Claire, a couple of my three hour test results were borderline so they told me to watch my carbs, but this time around I was well under the limit. 

Milestones: We've reached the third trimester! We're 2/3 of the way there...hard to believe somehow!

Best Moment this Week: Cam and my Dad painted the nursery this weekend. It turned out great and we love the green color! Last night Cam put the crib together and it looks really nice in the room. It's fun seeing things come together! I took pictures tonight and I'll post them soon. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: We're heading out of town on Friday to spend a long weekend at the coast with Cam's family. I can't wait to play with Claire at the beach and eat some fried shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment