Wednesday, August 6, 2014

26 Weeks


I accidentally titled this post "26 Months"....hahahaha! Maybe an indication of how long it feels!

Size of Baby: Baby boy is the size of a scallion.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, and the regular t-shirts I sometimes wear when I'm bumming around here are starting to not be long enough. 

Sleep: It feels like I'm sleeping very deeply lately. I'm also still having really vivid dreams. Last night I dreamed some people Cam worked with (that he doesn't really work with, if that makes any sense) stole my credit card info and I got a call from my credit card company because they were trying to charge $39,000 to my card! Bizarre! My parents were recently victims of credit card fraud so I guess that's where that came from?!? So weird!

Movement: Yes, he's a very active little man these days, but he will still not allow his Daddy to feel any of it. Stinker!

Cravings/Aversions: I'm craving caesar salad.

Gender: It's a boy...sweet baby James! 

Mood: Okay, overall. My energy level and patience are definitely starting to wane. And I make no apologies for what might happen to the next person who acts totally surprised and shocked when I tell them I'm pregnant when I'm standing right in front of them. Do you really think this huge bump that starts beneath my boobs and goes all the way to my waist is a gut? Seriously? Just, no. That is no different or less rude than the people who ask a woman if she's expecting before it's too early to tell. 

Symptoms: I have been having some charlie horse cramps when I'm sleeping that could wake the dead! It's odd because I used to have foot cramps very frequently but haven't had them for the last year and a half or so, but now they're back and they've relocated to my calves. Worth noting: I just went back and read my 26 week post with Claire and I mentioned having lots of cramps in my calves! So interesting!

I'm continuing my quest to eat better and it's going okay I guess. Good days/bad days...it's hard to completely ignore cravings when you're pregnant! Three days after that appointment last week I had dropped 5 lbs. That just shows how getting weighed at the doctor at the end of the day is a bad idea. I'm a sweller and my weight can fluctuate wildly over the course of one day even when I'm not pregnant. This is why I never schedule appointments for the end of the day, but my appointment last week got rescheduled. Hopefully things will look better at my appointment next week.

Best Moment this Week: We picked out a paint color that we really like! It's a nice green color with blue and gray undertones. I can't wait to see the room all painted in a couple weeks!

What I'm Looking Forward to: Spending the weekend with family in Houston and getting my doctor's appointment next week out of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment