Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Minor Dilemma

Over the summer I've done lots of online browsing for all things baby. I'm almost decided on a set of baby furniture and I have a set of boy and girl bedding that I really like. Of course my plan was to wait on the bedding until after we find out the gender...until today, that is. I found out the boy bedding I love is being discontinued! I'm so bummed! The boy bedding was pretty set in stone - I saw it at Pottery Barn Kids way before I was pregnant - I was there with my sister when she was pregnant with my niece. It's a vintage hot air balloon theme with animals like lions and giraffes. I'm obsessed with giraffes! I immediately loved it and have kept it in the back of my mind all this time. And now it's on its way out! I talked to PB customer service and the local store today and our store still has it in stock. Once it's gone though, that's it. So now I'm faced with a dilemma...do I go ahead and buy it now, gender unknown? I think it's on sale and there is a way for me to return it for a full refund if we find out we're having a girl. Am I totally ridiculous for buying bedding this early? Maybe so. Will I regret not buying it if we get to September 14th and find out we are having a boy? Yes! So I guess that's my answer. Cam is convinced this child is a girl and probably thinks this whole thing is silly, but he won't say so. I mean...we have to buy bedding at some point right? 


Please note: I know this is a first world problem and not a true dilemma, but I'm a planner! I get a mental image of something like a nursery in my head and have a hard time letting it go! 

2 comments:

  1. If they will let you return it for a full refund, I don't see any reason NOT to get it if that's what your heart is set on :) And, the fact that you're getting it on sale is even better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you can return it, you've got nothing to lose. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete