Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Post of Random Thoughts

  • My Mom and I went to see "What to Expect When You're Expecting" at the Discount Theater yesterday. It was so fun! The movie was pretty good - cheesy in places, but overall I liked it. Elizabeth Banks stole the show - she's the only lady who had a realistic pregnancy, in my opinion. Plus you can't beat getting two people into the movies for $3.50. Afterward, we went to the gift shop at Cracker Barrel - ha! My Mom and I do the most random things together and I will miss our summertime adventures together when school starts. 
  • My parents were sweet enough to buy me some maternity clothes last week! I think I'm in love! Maternity jeans are so comfortable! Why don't we have jeans like that for non-pregnant people? They are comfortable, flattering, and they don't get all stretched out after I wear them for an hour like regular jeans. Cam says it's clear when I wear these clothes that I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure. I think it just looks like I'm fat! It's funny because I'm so used to sucking in my tummy when I wear something form-fitting and I have to keep reminding myself to not suck in when I wear these cute maternity shirts! 
  • I'll be thirteen weeks tomorrow and I think I'm finally turning the corner and feeling better. I'm still really tired and feel lazy, but the nausea is much better. I'm still getting used to having to eat every two-three hours. If I don't, my stomach feels completely empty and gnaws at me with hunger and eventually nausea. Believe me - I love to eat, but right now even though my body tells me I'm hungry, I'm not mentally hungry every two hours. That may not make any sense to anyone else. It comes down to my body being hungry but feeling too lazy to figure out what to eat that often!
  • Cam and I have two-door cars, so we both need to get new cars before our little bearcub arrives. We're in the process of trying to sell my car first. Oh my...selling a car on Craigslist these days is not for the weak! It is almost nothing but scams! I have had a couple legit inquiries and last night we drove down to campus so a student could test drive the car. They loved the car and are in the process of deciding, so fingers crossed!!!!!!! 
  • I have serious vacation envy right now. Everyone on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs has been posting about their summer vacations and I am so jealous! With Cam starting a new job this summer and not having time off yet, we can't take a trip this year and with a baby on the way, I think it will be a long time before we take a real vacation again. I just really wish we could have had one last trip on our own before we have a baby, but that's okay. I'll take my little bearcub and Cam's better job any day! 
  • I'm so sad about the shootings in Colorado. I've been following all the coverage and it's just terrible. It's scary how much damage and hurt one deranged person can cause. Yesterday when they showed the shooter's court appearance on TV, I seriously wanted to reach through the TV and kick him in the head. One thing that really bothers me when things like this happen is all the second guessing that goes on. I've seen people on social media talking about what they would have done had they been in the theater that night. The truth is no one knows what they would have done in that situation. People that think they would have been brave enough to whip out their own gun (which you aren't even allowed to have in most theaters, concealed permit or not) and take a headshot would very likely wind up huddled on the ground like everyone else. I was talking about this with my sister the other day and she mentioned how disrespectful this kind of talk is to the people who were in the theater because it implies that they didn't do enough, and I couldn't agree more. 
  • The one person from the theater who I have no qualms about judging is this guy. I hope his fiancee gets wise and breaks off that engagement quickly! Any guy that would leave you and his own child in that theater and then GET IN A CAR AND DRIVE OFF WITHOUT YOU is worthless. And shame on Piers Morgan and all the other dolts in the media for not calling him out on his behavior when they interviewed him. Sorry for the ranting, but those pregnancy hormones...they are raging! 


Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment