Thursday, July 19, 2012

Details

Well, now that I've shared our big news, I can finally speak freely on the blog about what's been going on! The last couple months have been a crazy whirlwind! Most of the people who read my blog probably know a lot of these details, but this blog is a scrapbook for me and I want to record them before I have a chance to forget anything.


We found out we were expecting on Memorial Day! We were thrilled! The first few days/weeks were a little scary though because I had been having some bleeding. Sorry if this is TMI, but it's just part of the story. I'll try to not go into too much detail. After doing some reading on the internet, the bleeding is actually what prompted me to take a pregnancy test, so inbetween all the happiness we felt when we got a positive result, there was also worry about what the bleeding meant. Before I knew I was pregnant, I had attributed the bleeding to my cycle trying to regulate itself. Luckily it stopped the day I found out and hasn't happened since. And after several blood draws and an ultrasound, we were relieved that everything looked okay, it was just early. The tech that did the first ultrasound actually thought she saw a blood clot that might have been the source of the bleeding, which was such a relief! Of course we felt the biggest sense of relief when we saw/heard the heartbeat a few weeks later! There's just nothing like that moment!


I've been experiencing all of the typical pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy is weird, y'all. The major things I've been feeling are exhaustion and queasiness/nausea. It's totally knocked me on my butt and I've been sort of bedridden the last few weeks. I still do things, but not nearly what I used to. It's strange being unable to trust that when you leave the house, you are not going to start feeling sick. Luckily since it's the summertime, I've been able to really give into what my body needs and rest. During the past week I've had tons of headaches, which I'm sure are related to hormones, but for me a lot of it is the mold count. We had a ton of rain here last week, which was wonderful, but the mold count has been sky high every since. In fact, there was a day last week where the mold count was the highest it's been in like 30 years. Rough! I'll take Tylenol but I do not want to take Claritin, even though the doctor says it's safe. I'm not trying to complain about not feeling well - I know I am so blessed to be pregnant. All of this is worth it and I would do it a million times over again to have a healthy baby!


Cam is so excited to be a Daddy! He has been taking wonderful care of me, Aurora, and Teddy for weeks now. I've been pretty worthless at keeping up with the house. As a bit of a neat freak, it bothers me, but I just can't do it right now. The week we found out we were pregnant, I finished up work for the year, Cam started a brand new job and got a root canal, and we got Teddy. Insane! With me being so sick, Cam has done the lion's share of the work with Teddy. I take care of him during the day of course, but Cam has been keeping everything going for us all summer, and I don't really know how to thank him enough. Baby Todd, the fur children, and I are so lucky to have him!


So we will be a family of 5 (ha!) next year! My doctor told me the risk of stillbirth increases if you deliver more than a week late, so she said I'll be having this baby the first week of February at the latest! I can't wait to meet my baby! I love him/her so much!!! We find out the gender on September 14th and I can't wait. It's so crazy to see the baby's face in the ultrasound pictures, but not know whether it's a little girl or boy. Baby definitely has sweet pouty lips!




Well, that's all for today. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing all the details. Keep telling us your stories!
    We can't wait to meet our precious grandchild! That little profile picture is so sweet it makes me cry everytime I look at it!

    ReplyDelete