Thursday, September 13, 2012

20 Weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I'm up 8 pounds total.

Size of Baby: Baby's the size of a banana.

Maternity Clothes: Yep-bought a few more this week. 

Sleep: Pretty good!

Movement: Still nothing...I think. This weekend I felt a couple little pulling sensations, but I don't know if that's movement or not? I keep waiting for some lightning bolt and I don't think that's what it will really be like. My sister told me movement at this stage does not hurt and what I felt this weekend did hurt a bit, so I just don't know.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing in particular.

What I Miss: Nothing at the moment.

Gender: We find out tomorrow! The anticipation is killing me! I'm so excited for the weekend. Cam & I are both taking the day off from work and Cam's parents are coming in town!

Mood: Okay - it's just been a very stressful week at work. Hence this post being a day late!

Symptoms: My stomach just feels different - it's a bit harder and it feels more like there's something in there, if that makes any sense. And heartburn.

Milestones: Reaching the halfway point! I cannot believe we are here already! In some ways it's gone fast and sometimes when I think back on those long pukey days early on, I realize it has been a long journey. Pregnancy is really special and I can already tell I'll be sad when it comes to an end, regardless of the nausea or heartburn. The high point so far was hearing the heartbeat for the first time - there was so much reassurance and beauty in that strong sound after days of worry and uncertainty. I'll never forget it. The low point is definitely a day early on this summer when I threw up four times in one day. No one knew we were pregnant yet. It was hell. I remember being on the bathroom floor crying and asking God out loud to please help me feel better. I will never forget that either - ha!

Anything Else You'd Like to Share: I feel very blessed to be experiencing this! It's truly a miracle!

What I Look Forward To: Friday Friday Friday! We are so excited!! I'm looking forward to finding out the gender, but also to making sure everything with baby looks good and healthy! Once we know if it's a boy or girl, we can shop and really get going on the nursery!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Peabo! I'm so excited! You are so close--I can't wait to start shopping.

    ReplyDelete