Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's A...

GIRL!

Claire Campbell Todd is healthy and beautiful.




Friday was one of the happiest days of my life. Our girl is just so sweet - she held her hands up in front of her eyes like she was playing peek-a-boo for most of the ultrasound. We could even see her moving her little mouth up and down like she was talking to us. It took 45 minutes for her to open up her legs enough for the tech to tell us the gender. During that time, we took two breaks and I did some ridiculous dancing and stretching in the bathroom to get her to wake up and move around. What a prim and proper little lady she is! 

Baby Claire is 12 ounces, or as my doctor put it, the size of a can of coke! Cam has never wavered in his belief that this baby was a girl, and he was right! Even so, when they finally told us the gender and we all cried/laughed/cheered, I looked over at him and he was just staring at the screen with a look of complete shock, joy, and amazement on his face. To say I couldn't love him more is an understatement. I am so so so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy for my baby. I couldn't be happier or prouder that Claire will share a middle name with her Daddy. It's also pretty special that she is the first girl in the Campbell family (Cam's mom AKA Gigi's family) since Gigi herself. 

We're so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family. It was wonderful having my mom, Cam's mom, and my sister with us for the big reveal. There were lots of tears and smiles! And also lots of shopping - Little Miss Claire Campbell has lots of beautiful things to wear already! I'll be writing a post about the weekend soon - it's been so much fun that I cried this morning because I was sad it was coming to an end. But the truth is...the fun is just beginning!

2 comments:

  1. It was an AMAZING weekend....one I will never forget! Thank you for letting me be a part of such a special occasion. Baby Claire is perfect and perfectly beautiful and we are so in love with her already! We can't wait to see her precious face. In the meantime.....let the shopping continue! Much love, Gigi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name! We are so excited for you, just wished we lived closer so our girls could grow up together. Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your 2nd trimester, by the third I was so big and too tired to do much.

    ReplyDelete