Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Special Weekend

I've been meaning to blog about the weekend of the gender reveal. It was such a special weekend and I don't want to forget anything! Thursday night Cam's parents came into town from Houston. We ordered pizza and just hung out. I wasn't sure I would be able to sleep since our big appointment was the next morning, but I did somehow!

We got up the next morning and Cam, his mom Jennifer, and I headed to the doctor's office, where we met my mom and sister. I was so excited and a little nervous - I wanted to get the show on the road and make sure everything looked healthy. Thankfully the sonogram went really well - everything looked healthy and after 45 minutes of trying to wake her up to "reveal herself", we finally got the news that it was a girl! Everyone was happy and teary eyed! I actually cried several times during the sonogram - it was just so neat getting to see her look so fully formed and sweet! Afterward we spread the news to our family and friends (and Facebook...duh!). Cam, Jennifer and I stuck around for my doctor's visit, which went really well too. Baby Claire's measuring exactly on schedule! And I absolutely love my doctor - she was so excited for us and is just so knowledgeable about everything.

Now that we knew it was a girl, of course we had to go shopping! Jennifer, my mom, and I went out that afternoon and found several adorable things for Claire. We were on the hunt for a Feltman Bros. dress to bring her home from the hospital in, but didn't have luck with that. Friday night all of the family went to eat dinner at Gino's, one of our favorite Italian places. It was delicious and everyone was in a very happy, celebratory mood!


Claire's wardrobe after a weekend of shopping

Saturday, the ladies went shopping again, this time with the addition of my sister Elizabeth and baby Grace! Grace was very confused as to why people were looking for clothes for another baby! We went to tons of cute places and found lots of nice outfits, especially at Janie and Jack. They have such beautiful clothes! We're very lucky to have such wonderful family who bought such nice things for Claire!

And now a picture overload!
Beautiful dress from Pinky (my mom)


Pretty in pink for Springtime from Gigi (Cam's mom)


Of course I had to get a Halloween outfit for my little pumpkin!


Adorable outfit from Aunt Lizzie. I hope Claire's big enough to wear this on her first Valentine's Day!


 I'm totally obsessed with this sweet suit from Pinky.


Gigi knows every girl needs a functional and stylish wrap!


Denim from Gigi. When I think about Claire in this and a pair of leggings, I squeal!

Saturday night we had everyone over to our house for dinner. Cam's aunt and uncle and their family we're in town, so they came over too. We made burgers, watched football, and celebrated Cam's aunt Tricia's birthday! It was such a fun night! Dessert was cupcakes with pink icing! I was prepared with food coloring to make the icing either pink or blue!

Sunday Cam's parents left pretty early to head home and Cam and I rested for the rest of the day and watched football. I was a little weepy all day with the Sunday blues. I was so happy and excited, but I was sad that this weekend we'd looked forward to for so long was coming to an end. We're so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our life who are just as excited as we are about baby Claire! This is a really special time in our lives and I'll always remember this weekend as one of my favorites ever!

1 comment: