Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Birthday-to-Be

We scheduled an induction for January 23rd. We'll go in the night before to start the process. We're so excited! It feels really, really good to have a plan and know when we'll be meeting our little girl. Of course, Claire could have a plan of her own and come early, but I have a feeling she'll stay put. My doctor tells me that every time she makes a plan for a delivery, the baby comes on their own, but we'll see! One of the best parts of this plan is that we know Dr. Orth is the doctor who will deliver Claire. This means a lot to us, especially given everything that has happened in the last couple weeks and the blood thinner situation. It will be really nice not to have to explain this situation to a new doctor. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked what in the world happened to me when I'm out in public. It's not fun.

We found out today that Cam will be able to be off work with us for a week and a half, which is amazing! I'll need all the help I can get and of course we want that special bonding time together with our girl. I've been happier and more upbeat today than I've been in two weeks. I can't wait to lay eyes on the little lady I've been carrying around since last Spring!

Thanks to an amazing amount of help from my wonderful Mom and Sister, our hospital bags are packed and all the baby's clothes and blankets have been washed and put away. Now that we have an induction date, I've set up someone to come clean our house beforehand and scheduled newborn pictures for the week after she arrives. Our glider and ottoman finally came in yesterday, so once the rain dries up Cam will go pick it up. He'll also finish the mural in her room this weekend. It is going to be awesome!

I'll see my surgeon tomorrow and am really looking forward to the visit. He should take my stitches out and I'll get to spend at least a few precious minutes without the boot on for the first time in a week. My foot is placed in the boot at a complete upright 90 degree angle, which feels totally unnatural. I'm hoping I get a good report. Cam bought a shower transfer bench and a detachable shower head today and I just used them. They make bathing so much easier! I haven't been able to shower a lot since I broke my ankle and when I did, we were using a card table chair and trying to figure out the best way to do it. There's a huge metal lip you have to step over to get in and out of the shower and this little obstacle, among other things, led me to pretty much have a panic attack each time - I'm not exaggerating. The fear of falling again and hurting my baby or myself again can be completely overpowering. But all you can do is take things one step at a time and have faith. God has faithfully protected me and Claire so far and I know he we will continue to do that. Oddly enough, I'm watching the movie Signs right now on TV as I type. It's one of my favorite movies ever. While it might seem like a strange little movie about aliens, the true underlying message is one of faith in the face of fear and that's what makes me love it. 

Happy weekend to all my people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment