Monday, January 14, 2013

Picture Time

Here's what's been going on the last few days, in picture form!

My sweet boys! I love them so much. Teddy is still definitely a puppy, but he is also maturing into the sweetest, most comforting dog ever. 

         
My Mom keeps my niece, Grace, during the day and is now staying with me during the day while Cam is at work. She is taking care of two babies. :) I'm getting to spend lots of quality time with Gracie! She is so cute and expressive! I like putting her in my headbands and making her smile. We've also been working on eating cheerios on our own. They'd been a little too small for her to get them into her own mouth, but today she ate two on her own!

 This is my what my ankle looked like when they took the boot and bandages off on Friday (1 week post surgery). I didn't really know what to expect, but it was not this. Can you say Frankenstein? When I saw it, I just kept thinking, "No wonder this hurts so bad when I have to de-elevate it to crutch to the bathroom!" My doctor pointed out that the bruising is worse than normal because I'm on blood thinners. Stitches are out now and my x-rays look nice and straight. Hopefully with time is will look less maimed. 


And since we're not already enough of a hot mess right now, our poor cat Aurora hurt her foot outside this weekend. One of her back feet has a small cut and she's limping, which makes us think she also twisted her foot somehow. It seems a bit better every day and she's begging us to let her outside, which of course we're not allowing since she can't walk normally. Poor Cam can't take one more person in his house getting injured. Needless to say, we've been spending lots of time resting together.

2 comments:

  1. Precious pictures (other than the one of your ankle--ouch!). Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your day. It looks like you are keeping some really great company. I know sweet Gracie lifts your spirits! You are doing great and that ankle will be healed in no time! We love you!

    ReplyDelete