Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Midweek Randoms

- We are officially in the doldrums of summer television. There is nothing on most of the time and I'm looking forward to my regular shows coming back in the Fall. In the meantime, Cam and I have found a few things to watch. The new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm just started on HBO and we are loving it. I've watched reruns of this show pretty casually, but now we're watching it religiously. It is so horribly awkward and funny. At least once an episode, I have to cover my eyes because I just can't take Larry David's lack of social skills! We are also looking forward to the last season of Entourage. At my mom's urging, I've also started watching Damages on Netflix. So far, it's really good. It sounds weird because it's not a horror show or anything, but it frightens me. When I get hooked on a show, I can usually watch one episode after another, but it's much too intense for that. I need a few hours between episodes of this one!

- Our apartment backs up to a really pretty wooded area, but there are a few apartments across from our balcony through the trees. It's usually pretty quiet, but tonight we were treated to the rantings of a mad woman on the phone on a balcony across the way. I don't know who she was talking to, but girlfriend was furious! She even threatened the homes and vehicles of the person she was talking to and each of their family members. Then she sealed it with a resounding, "Believe that!" Classy!!! Have I mentioned how much I just love living in an apartment?!? And even better, soon we will get to pay $200 more every month to witness these type of antics, thanks to a very hefty rent increase. But that's a whole different rant for another day...blah.

- I cleaned the whole house today! There's nothing better than a freshly cleaned house. I always say I'm going to break it up into small parts (bathroom one day, dust the next, etc.) but that never happens. I always wind up putting it off and then knocking it out all at once. It's always tough to start, but I actually enjoy it once I get going. It's therapeutic!

Hope this week is treating you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment