Friday, July 8, 2011

Vinegar to the Rescue

I have to share my latest housekeeping victory! We have these weird stains on two parts of our living room carpet. They've been there since right after we moved in. They aren't mud - we've never been able to figure out what caused them. Truth be known, it's probably just cheap apartment carpet. But they've hung around for nearly two years despite several attempts at getting them out. I asked our apartment complex if they could possibly clean our carpets since we've lived here awhile now (and have given them oodles of money), but they said they only do that when you re-sign your lease. Well, that would have been nice to know when we re-signed ours last year...but whatevs. We thought about renting one of those carpet cleaner machines at the grocery store, but that is a lot of effort to go to for rented apartment space! So I had resigned myself to having gross carpet until we move out, but giving up isn't really my style. I've heard people say that vinegar is a great cleaner, so I did a little research, bought a jug of vinegar for 1 whole dollar, and mixed up a little cleaning solution. And it worked! Stains were gone in about 10 minutes! Now our carpet looks so much better and my OCD tendencies have been relieved. It's really the small things that make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment