Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend

We had a nice weekend. Friday night I made dinner and we watched the next to the last episode of Friday Night Lights. I can't believe the show will be over next Friday - I think I'm going to need a box of tissues to get through it. Then we stayed up late finishing off a season of Entourage on HBO On Demand. Side note - we just got HBO and we are in love! It is so much better than Showtime!

Saturday morning Cam went and helped a friend move and I hung around the house. Then we went to the movies and saw "Midnight in Paris", which was great (see gushing blog post below)! Saturday night we met our friends Amy and Blair and their daughter Brooklyn for Mexican food. It was so fun! Brooklyn turned 1 in May and she is an absolute doll! We weren't able to make it to her birthday party so we finally got to give her a birthday gift and catch up. She is super friendly and reached out her arms for us to hold her immediately. She also gave Cam a baby staredown. I don't know what it is, but babies (particular baby girls) stare Cam down! It was a great night and so fun to catch up with friends!

Sunday afternoon we went to my parent's house and had dinner with my family. They cooked out steaks and we had twice baked potatoes - is was delicious! It even RAINED a couple drops! We actually went and stood outside in it like the rain-deprived people we are. It was a fun night, although the end was a bit nuts. My parents have the sweetest cat named Abby. She is fluffy and I love her to pieces. We've had her since I was in middle school. We were walking out to leave and Abby ran in the house from outside (she is a mostly indoor cat, but goes outside a little bit). She was acting strange and I looked down and thought she had a piece of string hanging out of her mouth, but then I realized it was drool. Poor Abby was literally foaming at the mouth and one of her eyes was squeezed shut. It smelled horrible outside and we immediately thought skunk. Mom and I went to work cleaning off her face and giving her cat eye drops. We were worried maybe she'd been bitten, but there was no sign of anything. I did some research online and started to think maybe she had tried to eat a frog, because apparently frogs give off some horrible smell that causes cats to react to it. Everything calmed down and Cam and I left a few minutes later. I would be lying if I said I wasn't in tears. It's very upsetting to see a childhood pet in that state, and Abby is older and has kidney problems, so anything else could really throw her for a loop. Luckily my Mom was already scheduled to take her into the vet to get her kidney levels checked so she was there first thing this morning. The vet could tell immediately she had been sprayed by a skunk, checked her over, and said she was okay. The foaming and eye trouble are a normal reaction to try to get the spray out of their bodies. She had a de-skunking bath at the vet this morning and is doing better. Poor thing! I hate seeing animals in pain.

Not counting the evil skunk, it was a good weekend! And if you made it to the end of this long, rambling post, God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment